Saturday, January 17, 2009

Marshmallow Fondant

002

I decided to make a couple of cakes for my Mom's 50th birthday and tried out marshmallow fondant for the first time.   It was very easy to make, after the mishap with the first batch (as described later). 

007

I think that the cakes turned out fairly well.  I was wanting a black and white cake, but ruined the black fondant by adding too much powdered sugar, then all of the black  gel.  It ended up being a pile of gray goo.  I changed plans and bought some gold ribbon on clearance.  I used gold ribbon on the devil's food round cake and pure white fondant on the rectangular white cake with blackberry filling.  It was a lot of fun playing with the fondant, although I like the taste of butter cream icing  much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment