Friday, August 7, 2009

Google Voice

I heard about Google Voice from a news report a few weeks before we were moving.  We had decided to drop our landline phone and try to use a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) instead.  This would potentially save us some money.  We were looking into using the magic jack for $20 a year.  After hearing about Google Voice, which is a free service, I signed up to be invited to be a part of it.  (Currently it is being used by invite only, but I was invited within a 3 weeks of requesting an invitation.)

Google voice also enables you to make a call from the Google voice website and it rings the phone of your choice.  Since I have US Cellular as my provider, I receive free incoming calls.  Therefore, I can make outgoing calls through Google voice and my cell phone is actually receiving them for FREE!  Yay!  I have not found any problems so far with using Google voice.  I would highly recommend this service. 

Here’s a review of Google voice:

No comments:

Post a Comment